- AquaChar has a negative charge: Broken down (positively charged) organics is the cause of most water clarity issues. Negatively charged ions in AquaChar magnetically pull fine particulates out of the water creating crystal clear water in 12-48 hours.
- When introduced to water: AquaChar begins to crackles and harden. You can see the oxygen bubbles being released from the surface.
- This creates a smorgasbord: AquaChar has the natural porosity trees use to bring water from roots to leaves. This massive surface area of stored organics makes AquaChar the ideal support system for beneficial bacteria to colonize.
- Which creates a septic tank: Once AquaChar is colonized with beneficial bacteria, the negative charge allows for a more on demand adsorption and breakdown of organics which stabilizes ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.
- AquaChar also provides pH stability: Over the first 24 hours AquaChar starts to balance the aquarium pH
- Freshwater: keeps 7.5-7.8 – This may vary depending on decoration, bioload, and substrate choices
- Saltwater: keeps between 8.1-8.4 – prevents crashing from nighttime CO2 build up creating a balance for fish and corals
- Surface area of 20 bioballs per gram*: Keeping the structure of wood in tact allows for both large and microscopic pockets inside the carbon for beneficial bacteria to colonize
- Helps control ammonia, Nitrates, and Nitrites: When something happens (new fish, bacteria crash, dead fish, etc) AquaChar prevents a rapid, large spike in parameters that is often a tank killer.
- AquaChar works for several months: Typically 3-6+ months depending on bioload. When particles appear, add the new dose to existing AquaChar to increase the size of your septic tank! Excessive Water changes are fine but will slightly reduce the lifespan of pH buffering.
Small bag contains one cup cleaning up to 50 gallons and large bag contains 8 cups for up to 400 gallons.
Place in nylon bag and rinse thoroughly until water is clean. Place bag anywhere in your filtration system where water makes contact with the AquaChar. This can be used with a hang on back, canister filter, floated in the sump, placed inside filter socks or a reactor.
We recycle resources from the Earth to create a safe product which uses Nature’s power to maintain your aquarium with optimal clarity.
AquaChar is not a chemical or synthetic product and provides a natural alternative to activated carbon.
* bioballs =1.5m2/g, Aquachar = 32 m2/g. Current AquaChar surface area might be higher as the process has been refined to produce a lighter product